We are all looking to save money anywhere we can. This certainly applies to car insurance as well. If you are in the market for a new car you need insured, or just tips on getting better auto insurance rates, read on!
1. Financing? If you are financing your vehicle the finance company may have minimum requirements regardless of the state where you live. It’s a good idea to check with your current insurance company, as well as the one recommended by the finance company to determine what the minimum requirements are.
2. Quotes. You are going to want to get multiple quotes when you’re trying to get better auto insurance rates. An important thing to keep in mind is that you are providing consistent information about yourself and your vehicle to each company so you’re comparing apples to apples. This is the only way to get an accurate comparison as to whether you are getting a better rate or not.
3. Learn. Most of us really don’t care much about the type of auto insurance coverage were getting, we just want to know what will it cost. The best time to learn a little bit about what’s required, and what’s available, is right now when you’re getting a quote. Take your time and be thorough.
4. Discounts. One thing you can do is take a driving course and then apply for a discount on your auto insurance. Young drivers should do this automatically, but older drivers might be eligible for a discount if they take a driving course like this as well. Check with your insurance company, as well as any new companies you are getting quotes from, to see if they offer a driving course discount.
Another discount you may be eligible for is a group or organization discount. Some insurance companies offer these to get as many members in the group to insure themselves with that company.
5. Look in the mirror. Ultimately you are responsible for how you drive, and that really does affect whether you can get better auto insurance rates or not.
Speeding tickets, and accidents can cause your insurance premiums to increase. You may not be able to undo what’s already been done, but in the future as these tickets drop off not having new ones can play to your advantage.
6. Minimum coverage. With all of the financial stresses everybody’s under its only natural to try to go for the minimum coverage required. Often this is a bad idea and you may want to find other expenses you can cut, so you can get more than the minimum auto insurance required.