Dui car insurance can be very expensive. As a way of reducing your auto insurance rates you need to make sure you try to qualify for several insurance discounts as possible. Below are five ways you can reduce the insurance payments.
1. Improve your driving skills. The most effective way to minimize the car insurance payment is not to be viewed as a high risk driver. To show the insurance firms that you are not a risky driver you should prevent any traffic violations. This involves avoiding auto accidents, speeding tickets and parking violations. By keeping your driving record clean, you stand high chances of reducing your car insurance payments.
2. Attend driving courses. As you avoid traffic violations, you can minimize the car insurance by undertaking defensive courses. This will save you between 5-15 percent of your insurance bill. After completing the course, you need to contact your insurance provider to get the discount for three years after which you can take the driving course again to get the reduction. In the modern days, it is better to take an online course because it is convenient and cheaper.
3. Boost your deductible. A deductible refers to what you pay from your pocket before your insurance kicks in. If you ask for high deductible, you will be able to have your car insurance reduced. Before you make this decision to have a higher deductible, you should ensure you have enough money set aside in your budget for the car accident claim.
4. Drive vehicles that are safer. Most of the insurance firms will offer you a discount if your car has specific safety features installed in it. This minimizes the chances of getting involved into a car accident and makes the insurance company incur a lot in terms of auto accident and personal injury settlement. Some of the safety features that insurance companies look for include:
- Car alarm
- Air bags
- Ignition device lock
- Automatic seat belts
- Steering wheel lock
- Anti-lock breaks
5. Maintain positive credit. By having a good credit, you can reduce your car insurance payments. Insurance firms make use of credit information to determine how to price your car policies. You can keep a good credit by paying your bills in the right time, avoiding many credit lines and keeping your credit balance low. You can also search online to find other ways on how you can improve your credit score.
Despite the fact that paying for DUI auto insurance is expensive, by following the tips given above, you will show your policy provider you have high level of responsibility. This will go a long way in lowering your monthly payments.